Pete, GMC Mechanic
Experience:  GM training and dealer tech for 14+ years. Diagnostics
14928985

GMC Yukon Denali: Cam, I have an '07 GMC Yukon Denali, I

Customer Question

Hi Cam, I have an '07 GMC Yukon Denali, I keep receiving indications on my dash advisory panel that my "Rear Entrance is open". I get the three tone alert and the dome lights come on when I receive it. The liftgate is closed and locked. I usually receive the alert when I'm going over bumps or in the turn. Examining the liftgate latch (or claw) on the gate itself, it appears the rubber coating is tearing away. Should I file or remove that coating to solve this problem? I think it is a sensor issue...Thanks!
Category: GMC
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
I don't see the coating causing this fault here but this does sound like the position switch is faulty needing replaced.On most models this switch is part of the latch assembly and usually requires the latch to be replaced.
Thanks Pete