Dan, Technician
Experience:  Independent Shop Experience, 2 Year Automotive Diploma, & Access to Information Databases
17871496

GM 06 Envoy: my 06 envoy makes a loud sound. It sounds like

Customer Question

my 06 envoy makes a loud sound. It sounds like I'm driving on warning cuts in the road. It doesn't do it all the time and stops when I get to 10 miles an hour.
Category: GMC
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is***** you feel any type of vibration or just hear the noise?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no vibration just the noise
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.
Any warnings lights ever come on? Noise seem to be from front or rear? Does any specific condition ever seem to cause noise to start?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No lights. The noise is from the front. I can't tell which side.
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.
This isn't going to be an easy one to figure out without seeing in person. Things that could make noise like your describing in the front would be front differential or axle shaft. If your tires are not evenly worn that can cause front differential to make noise too. Let me know how it goes or if you have more questions, thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My mechanic can't find the problem either. He said everything is tight. I'll let you know if anything comes up. thanks anyway
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.
No problem, the differential problem you would need to put it up on a lift with wheels hanging to see if it makes noise while driving. Let me know how it turns out, thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The noise doesn't change has I slow down. It's constant until 10 or lower then it stops. Then I can drive for a few more miles and it will do it again. I'll let you know.
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.
Sounds good, thanks!