George H.
George H., ASE MasterTechnician
Experience:  15+ Years ASE Master Technician with Level 1 Certification
13574682

05 Yukon front blower motor wont run at all

Customer Question

Category: GMC
Expert:  George H. replied 1 year ago.
Hello I will help you with your question,
There are some common failures with this system. Pull the sound insulating panel off from under the right side of the dashboard and inspect the connector for the blower speed control and the blower motor for any burning or melting. If any is found that connector and the component it plugs onto need to be replaced.
Do you have a voltmeter to check the circuit if I guide you?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
yes
Expert:  George H. replied 1 year ago.
Good, pull the panel and check at the transistor connector red wire for power the black wire for ground and purple white wire is changing voltage as you change the blower speed. Key on for the tests. If you have a resistor rather than the transistor and see 7 wires at the connector let me know. Thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
have 5 wires have power on red ,ground ok ,nothing on purple. looks pig tail was already replaced. motor runs with different hot and ground. when everything hooked up have power to motor still wont run even tried new motor. wont run on a/c or defrost
Expert:  George H. replied 1 year ago.
Ok, then the blower transistor has failed but we need to see why the purple has no voltage. Measure with it plugged in using a straight pin to make contact. If you still have no voltage then we need to look at the control head/ Are the controls lit up? Does everything except the blower speed work?