Chris (aka-Moose), GMC Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

GMC Savana 2500 4x4: . I have a 1999 gmc savana 2500 4x4

Customer Question

Hi. I have a 1999 gmc savana 2500 4x4 quigley van which I have put appx. 20 k into restoration and goodies in the last 14 mos. since purchasing, as a 3rd owner.I now have a serious shaking problem with what feels like rotors or drums since I changed rear brakes. Every thing is new, and I mean everything! Area mechanics & brake shops can't figure it out. All the front end parts are new ball joints, bearings tie rods and ends etc... power steering pump, steering gear box, tires, balancing, air pressure all ok. New engine, tranny, u joints exhaust, fuel pump, radiator, hoses, belts, rust proof frame, body work, paint, etc... You get the picture.One mechanic said I may need them to be machined on the truck. I just sent away for high performance drilled & slotted rotors & semi metalized pads.It has a Dana 44 solid front end off a 91 4x4 suburban 2500, a standard quigley conversion. The lift is 6" with leaf springs all around.local mechanics have said and quigley has implied that the Lt 305 ' s I'm running are the culprits, but I switched my stock Lt 235 winter mittens on and have the same shaking. At the end of my rope and really personally embarrassed after all this time and money. Any ideas?
Category: GMC
Expert:  Chris (aka-Moose) replied 1 year ago.
I am sorry for the delay in getting a response to you. Sometimes we get alot of customers and just can not keep up. Sometimes you just have to wait for the correct tech to login.Do you even still need help. Sometimes customers seek help elsewhere or figure it out on their own before we get to each and everyone.I am sure I can help a lot or a little at least something if you give me a chance and work with me. I am going to get an answer to you regardless if you reply or not sooner or later.If your concern is urgent reply and let me know and if you have anything more you think will help me, to help you, let me know. I work on here normally 3pm-3am central. Thanks Chris
You mentioned checking the brakes, so I assume this vibration is most eminent when braking and or you get pulling left or right more agitated when braking? If that is not the case and it vibrating all the time, then get it on a rack and see if it vibrates when supported by the suspension when ran in gear off the ground. You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. I normally log in at 3pm and work late. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.Thanks Chris