JFN1
JFN1, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  GM Master Technician
25345654

GMC Terrain: My 2011 terrain is a great vehicle with excellent

Customer Question

My 2011 terrain is a great vehicle with excellent mileage but just recently, I have 80,000 km. on its, it keeps running for a second after I have shut the key off...if I rev up the motor before turning off key it is ok..I have had the O2 sensory replaced and also plugs replaced but this did not solve the problem. I also drove 2500 km. on top grade gas and have added STP and valve cleaner....why? Thanks Tom
Category: GMC
Expert:  JFN1 replied 1 year ago.
Call your GM dealer. Your car is covered under a special policy that addresses this potentially dangerous issue, where timing chain and high pressure fuel pump wear can cause fuel to leak into the crankcase, and allow the engine to keep running after key off. Your dealer will replace the pump and the timing chain at no charge, and that should solve this issue for you.