Gm Tech (Cam)
Gm Tech (Cam), GMC Mechanic
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 year experience.
10949255

GMC Jimmy 4x4 (Mid Size): MI have a 2000 gmc jimmy.came out

Customer Question

MI have a 2000 gmc jimmy.came out one morning to a no start situation.have a p1351 code in pcm replaced cap rotor plugs and ignition module.The security light is not on and is not flashing fuel pressure is 60psi and leak down test ok. I have spark also I borrowed my buddies professional scanner check the BCM and found no security codes and I'm kind of at my wits end here any ideas on what to do?also checked crank and cam sensor with scan tool wave form looks good
Category: GMC
Expert:  Gm Tech (Cam) replied 1 year ago.
Hi there, I am Cam. Can I get your name please? Also does the engine run at all?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes my name is Dan.
When you try and start truck it fires for about 2 or 3 seconds and dies. I don't have noid light so have been unable to check although that's were I feel problem lies. Again fuel pressure says 60 PSI however book says pressure range between 60 and 66 PSI is it possible fuel pressure too low ?
Ok, the code, does it reset after clearing it? No your pressure should be good at 60 provided it stays about 55 for 5 mins after turing the key off.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes the code resets after clearing it
Ok, that means we need to follow that code. ITs the white wire from the Ignition module to the PCM, or a PCM. Attached are the diagnosis for this code.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Real quick so you feel that the problem might be a wiring issue also the procedure that I read says VCM is that the PCM located on the passenger side inner fender ? I will say this that a few times over the last year I've had the snow starts situation and if you turned the ignition off for 10 or 15 minutes it would start up and run this is the first time that it been totally dead does that help with anything
Yes, wiring or modules. If you have a bad connection there, bad wiring or bad PCM, it will cause this code. But don't just replace the module without testing the wiring.