Gm Tech (Cam)
Gm Tech (Cam), GMC Mechanic
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 year experience.
10949255

GMC Yukon XL Denali: , I have a 2003 GMC Yukon XL Denali.

Customer Question

Hello, I have a 2003 GMC Yukon XL Denali. The front blower does not work at all. So far, I've replaced (with all new, no refurb or reman) the front AC control unit (the same unit with automatic air), the proper blower motor resistor (with rear AC, automatic front AC air), the front blower, the 40amp cartridge fuse under the hood, both (10 and 30 amp) HVAC related fuses on the driver's side fuse panel. Nothing fixes the problem. I've even swapped the new blower motor resistor with a new one. Nada. What am I missing? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Sincerely, ***** *****
Category: GMC
Expert:  Gary replied 1 year ago.
at the front blower module possessor ( resistor ) it should have 2 wires out that go to the blower motor then a red and a black and a purple/whiteis that correct ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes, that is correct.
Expert:  Gary replied 1 year ago.
ok unplug the resistor and with a multi meter set to DC volts red meter lead to the red wire terminal in the connector you unplugged and black meter lead into the black wire terminal in the connector ( the black wire that does NOT go to the blower motor ) what will it read for volts ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok, just so I make sure I understand, this is the blower motor resistor I installed (with butt splices):http://www.autozone.com/cooling-heating-and-climate-control/blower-motor-resistor/duralast-blower-motor-resistor/gmc/yukon-xl-denali-awd/2003/8-cylinders-u-6-0l-sfi/319633_361645_4222_5396/I don't have a voltmeter here at my house, but I can pick one up tomorrow and test it, then report back to you. Is that ok? By the way, I'm in Delaware so nothing is open now (10:18pm). Thanks Gary.
Expert:  Gary replied 1 year ago.
thats fine let me know tomorrowthe red should be 12 volts all the timeand the black that does NOT go to the blower motor has to be a good groundwe need to make sure both are good before we go any further
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Roger that. Thanks and have a good evening.
Expert:  Gary replied 1 year ago.
you too