Gm Tech (Cam)
Gm Tech (Cam), GMC Mechanic
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 year experience.
10949255

Gmc envoy: I have a 2002 GMC Envoy SLT and the Suspension Air

Customer Question

I have a 2002 GMC Envoy SLT and the Suspension Air Pump for the rear air ride bags does not come on and the air bags won't hold up the rear of the vehicle. I also have an auxilary air inflation port that supplies air when I need to air up an air mattress,etc. The pump works when I use the auxilary pump but it does not work to air up the rear air bags. I can only see one pump and it is behind the passenger's side tire. I do not understand what is going on with this system; can you help? I have purchased (but not installed) a GM part to replace the workings of the check valve in the pump, part #15183676 but I do not know if there could be another issue?
Category: GMC
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Are you folks still working on my problem with the suspension air pump?
Expert:  edhunt0r replied 1 year ago.
Hi, Sorry you have been delayed. I will see what I can do to help you.You first need to see if you can see what code is in the system. Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC) DisplayingThe Air Suspension system has an internal clock to prevent overheating if the compressor assembly is running for a prolonged period of time. If the system overheats, all leveling function stops until the system cools down. During this time, the indicator LED on the air inflator switch will be quickly flashing at a constant rate.The other three diagnostic trouble codes are displayed with a blink code on the inflator switch LED. The Air Suspension Compressor Assembly shall begin to indicate the code when the condition to cause the code becomes current.The number of the fault code shall be represented by the number of flashing pulses on the inflator switch LED. The flashing pulses shall have a repetition rate of 0.5 seconds and each code shall be separated by a 3.0 second delay. All codes shall be flashed in the order of occurrence of the fault. The blink code shall take priority over other processes that have access to the inflator switch LED.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello Daniel- I already knew about the diagnostic; I thought I would see if you folks had an answer to my problem before I went to the expense of using a mechanic. I no longer need your service because I have taken the car to a mechanic; quite honestly, I am a little disgruntled with a $25.00 charge for something I already knew.
Doug