Gm Tech (Cam)
Gm Tech (Cam), GMC Mechanic
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 year experience.
10949255

GMC S15 Jimmy: 1994 GMC Jimmy SLE. Problem started at LR,

Customer Question

1994 GMC Jimmy SLE. Problem started at LR, no turn signal, no brake lights. All other worked as they should. Took the lens out, removed the socket, took the back cover off to clean out grease so I could examine the socket. Pulled the right side, removed the socket and lamp so I could use a multimeter to test the right side to get my baseline for the left side. signal and brake light were essentially the same. I took the socket apart, three metal tabs on yellow, brown, and black. Checked the ground against a strap that bonds the tailgate to the body-good reading. Checked the yellow to black again turn and brake-good. Checked brown to black-good. Bent all the tabs back to a position that would assure good contact with lamp, reassembled the socket, and viola, the turn signals work left and right. I now have no brake lights. I also have additional problems. What do you think???
Category: GMC
Expert:  jazzmaster replied 1 year ago.
hi, do you have no brake lights at all ,including the third brake light ?or just not to that socket you fixed ?
Expert:  jazzmaster replied 1 year ago.
hi, I am checking back to see if you still need help with your automotive issue ?...jazzmaster ...