Toolhut
Toolhut, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Owner of a mobile diagnostics company assisting auto technicians with difficult vehicles
77480539

GM Sierra 2500 HD Denali: there. I just refilled my DEF

Customer Question

Hi there. I just refilled my DEF fluid and the display did not update. It still thinks I'm at 13%. I noticed on our last trip that the countdown to empty was erratic and jumped from 1000 miles to 181 miles over the course of a 160 mile trip. I have a 2014 GMC 2500 HD Denali.
Category: GMC
Expert:  Toolhut replied 1 year ago.
Sounds like the level sensor in your Def tank is in need of repair
Expert:  FIX IT MAN replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is***** you still need some help with this?
Expert:  Toolhut replied 1 year ago.
Did you figure anything out?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
To be honest, the answer wasn't very helpful. I needed a quick resolution so we could leave on a family trip the next day. Not only were we back from our trip before I got a response, nothing was wrong with my vehicle. I learned from searching the forums that all I had to do was drive for a few minutes before the correct DEF level began to register. I was led to believe I would get a response within 2 to 24 hours, or I would not have wasted my money at all.