Chris (aka-Moose), GMC Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

GM Acadia: . I have a 2009 Acadia. Driving today and check

Customer Question

Hi. I have a 2009 Acadia. Driving today and check engine light came. Loss of engine power readout. I was near a Auto Zone. He read a lot of codes... Some may have been old. Engine started missing, lots of smoke out the exhaust and strong gas smell. Several of the codes were injector 5 leak. We have gotten the car into a hotel parking lot and are holed up for the night. It is about a mile or so to a reliable mechanic who has a better computer for reading the codes. The last tank of gas I got was at a Peter station down in Mexico, if that matters. We are now stuck in beautiful downtown Deming, NM. I would appreciate your thoughts and can give you the exact codes if that would help. Thanks, Phil
Category: GMC
Expert:  Chris (aka-Moose) replied 1 year ago.
The codes would help. A faulty fuel injector or its wiring or the computer can cause running rough, a misfire, black smoke, and fuel odor. You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. I normally log in at 3pm and work late. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.Thanks Chris