Gm Tech (Cam)
Gm Tech (Cam), GMC Mechanic
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 year experience.
10949255

I am trying to follow the guidelines you out here to reset

Customer Question

i am trying to follow the guidelines you laid out here to reset my security system but the security light will not go out. i did the first steps twice but the dinging never stops and security light never goes out. any thoughts?
Category: GMC
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Its been nearly 2 hours since I posed my question and I really need to move my truck but it won't start. The security light just keeps blinking and it will not even try to turn over. I tried follow the suggestions that were stated on this site for similar issues but it's not working. The pro from this site said to wait approximately 10 min after trying to start and then turning the ignition to on, but i have tried multiple times and the light never goes out and the dinging never stops. i really need help to get this truck moved!
Expert:  Chris (aka-Moose) replied 1 year ago.
Can I get the year, make, model, and engine?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
never mind. when I didn't hear back from anyone I called a local professional earlier today and he came out and took care of it.
Glad you got its resolved.