Gm Tech (Cam)
Gm Tech (Cam), GMC Mechanic
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 year experience.
10949255

GMC Yukon XL 1500 Denali: I have a 2012 GMC Denali and the

Customer Question

I have a 2012 GMC Denali and the service suspension system alert is on. I unhooked the battery to clear everything. When I restarted the car after hooking the battery back up, the alert went away. I drove the car for a while and the light came back on. I checked fuses and everything is good. Is there a relay or something that could be bad?
Category: GMC
Expert:  Gm Tech (Cam) replied 1 year ago.
hi there, I am Cam. No this is not likely a relay or fuse that is causing this. IF that was the case, it would happen sooner. ITs far more likely that you have a sensor failing. The bad part is that you need to scan it to get the codes. There is a device that costs about 100 that allows you to do this on your own. Its called a BlueDriver. It connects bluetooth to your vehicle and it reads ALL codes not just the engine codes most other code readers do. With the code we can figure out what sensor or issue from there.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Cam, thanks for getting back with me the other day. I installed the BlueDriver App on my iPhone and ordered to scan tool. After having the codes read, I am coming back with codes U0122 and C0630. Can you help me out?
Awesome, you will like that scanner. So for the codes, give me a minute.
C0630 is a code for the right rear position sensor for the suspension. I suggest you check that wiring, connector and everything closely. Then if you find nothing, its likely your sensor.