Chris (aka-Moose), GMC Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

99 Jimmy 4.3L cranks but won't start. I can hear the fuel

Customer Question

'99 Jimmy 4.3L cranks but won't start. I can hear the fuel pump running, but it doesn't appear to have spark judging by the lack of activity on the tachometer. When I turn the key off the security light flashes. With the key in the crank position the security light is off. Do I have a security system problem. It was running fine when I parked it.
Category: GMC
Expert:  Chris (aka-Moose) replied 1 year ago.
I am sorry for the delay in getting a response to you. Sometimes we get alot of customers and just can not keep up. Sometimes you just have to wait for the correct tech to login.Do you even still need help. Sometimes customers seek help elsewhere or figure it out on their own before we get to each and everyone.I am sure I can help a lot or a little at least something if you give me a chance and work with me. I am going to get an answer to you regardless if you reply or not sooner or later.If your concern is urgent reply and let me know and if you have anything more you think will help me, to help you, let me know. I work on here normally 3pm-3am central. Thanks Chris
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi Chris, I figured it out on my own about 2 hours after I posted my question. Thanks anyway.

Glad you got it resolved, if you find you do end up needing help with this or another concern, just let me know.