Pete, GMC Mechanic
Experience:  GM training and dealer tech for 14+ years. Diagnostics
14928985

GM Yukon Denail XL 1500: Just reading about a radio wiring

Customer Question

Just reading about a radio wiring diagram...
Category: GMC
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have a 2002 GMC Yukon Denali XL 1500 with a factory BOSE system and want to put in an after market system. I need to understand the wiring diagram of the 2 plugs I am looking at. One plug has 18 wires and the other one has 8 wires. I also have a 6 disc changer in the dash and remote controls for the middle seats. Both of which I can do without.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am looking in the glove box and do see a YE9 code among all of them, does that help?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm sorry, I was led to believe Steve was on line and waiting to answer my question?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Okay, here's an update as I've had some time to kill waiting. I found a wiring diagram Steve posted 4 years ago and Nnot 100% sure it is the one for my vehicle. There are a few wires I am not sure I have to have in use. I no longer have On Star nor plan to ever use it.
E&C DATA - What is that for?
AUDIO COM - What is that for?
DIMMING - What should I do with this?
Of the plug that has 18 wires, there is a group of 6 tied together with a bare wire. The 6 wires are tan-2 light green-dk grn w/wht stripe-brown
I see there are 2 purple wires but only see one purple on the diagram that goes to GAIN SIGNAL.
On the diagram I see an R14 for the CD changer, what's that for?To hopefully make it even easier, here is a list of wire colors end to end for the 6 wire unit, most likely for the CD changer:
PINK - GRAY - GREEN W/White Stripe - LIGHT BROWN W/White Stripe - DARK BROWN W/White Stripe - BLACK - GREEN - ORANGE
For the 18 wire plug:
1 ROW = ORANGE - GREEN - GREEN - GRAY - BROWN - BLACK - LIGHT GREEN - LIGHT GREEN - TAN
2 ROW = BARE - BROWN - GREEN(w/white stripe) - BLUE - GREEN(w/white stripe) - GREEN - BLUE - PURPLE - PURPLEThank You,
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
The best option here to wire in an after market radio is to install a wiring adapter kit which can usually be obtained from a local audio install facility.This will by pass any wires that are not needed and tell you which wires to wire up to the after market radio.If this is not an option for you here let me know.
Thanks Pete