Pete, GMC Mechanic
Experience:  GM training and dealer tech for 14+ years. Diagnostics
14928985

GM Yukon: , I have a 2015 yukon that has a factory installed

Customer Question

Hello, I have a 2015 yukon that has a factory installed 150 watt inverter. I cannot use it with my laptop power cord. It will run my HP offocejet 8600 printer. My co-worker has a 2015 Ford truck. He also has a 150 watt factory installed inverter. He can use it with his laptop but not his printer. I can plug my laptop into his inverter and it works. He can plug his printer into my inverter and it works. Can you explain this? Is there a way to charge my laptop with the inverter.
P.S. I can charge my laptop using a inverter that plugs into a 12 volt socket.
Category: GMC
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
The two inverters sound to be different models and yours can handle the printer power pull from it but not the lap top.If your lap top will not charge from the inverter most likely there isn't a repair for this.You might speak with a dealer so they can test your inverter to see if it needs replaced as sometimes even with a newer vehicle the inverter may have been faulty from the start.
Thanks Pete