Gary
Gary, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  GCM master tech over 25 years
19513769

GMC YUKON XL DENAIL: 07 YUKON XL DENALI P0011 CODE,,P0989 CODE,P0751

Customer Question

07 YUKON XL DENALI P0011 CODE,,P0989 CODE,P0751 CODE AS WELL
Category: GMC
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
FORGOT CODE P0561
Expert:  Gary replied 1 year ago.
I am sorry for the long waitif you clear those codes out which code will reset first ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm not sure but I don't wanna blow it up
Expert:  Gary replied 1 year ago.
if the truck is running fine and the temp and oil pressure are reading fine and the fluids are filled up you shouldn't harm anything by driving it and clearing the codes and see which code resets first
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
that trans pressure switch scares me. do u believe in changing trans fluid,
Expert:  Gary replied 1 year ago.
yes i dobut the code P0989 is stating the computer is seeing a wrong signal from the transmission 5 volts reference wire it sends to the transmissionnot necessarily that the transmission is overheatingas if it was it would show it was too hot in the dash when driving the truckusually with the code P0989 it ends up being the big electrical plug at the transmission being loose or dirty and a bad connection or an issue with the transmission temp sensor /tcm on the valve bodyif its not showing the transmission is overheating in the dash and you have never had a transmission service done yet on this truck i would have a shop do a transmission service to the truck and clear out the codes and see if they reset