Virtual Wrench
Virtual Wrench, Master Mechanic
Experience:  Over 35 years experience on GMC vehicles.
2617050

GMC Sierra 1500: 2001 sierra dies when i get off the gas replaced

Customer Question

2001 sierra dies when i get off the gas replaced mas throttle body sensor injectors why does it cut off when i let off the gas
Category: GMC
Expert:  Virtual Wrench replied 1 year ago.
Remove the IAC solenoid (idle air control) and see if the hole has carbon buildup in it and also on the end of the solenoid. They tend to get carboned up and wont close making it run way too lean like a vacuum leak and it wont idle. It's mounted to the throttle body. See below.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/33691145/iac.PNG
Larry
If you are satisfied with my service please use the required rating for me to receive credit for working with you. If you have another question about this please let me know so l can continue to help you.
Did you have eny further questions? If not,please use the required rating for me to receive credit for working with you.
Larry