Ask Don 'Mo Lurch' Your Own Que...
Don 'Mo Lurch'
Don 'Mo Lurch', ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  GM, GMC, Chevrolet Cert., Heavy Line Mech, Race Shop Owner, Mobile Electronics
1609972

GM sierra denali: My 2012 sierra denali radio went black out

Customer Question

My 2012 sierra denali radio went black out after the dealer i bough it from installed a new battery. What can i do to fix other than take it to gmc?
Category: GMC
Expert:  Jerry replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome. My name is ***** ***** you for visiting the site, I will be happy to assist you today.
.
Do you have a Tech2 scan tool?
.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no, i do not
Expert:  Jerry replied 1 year ago.
There isn't much you can do without it, I hate to have to say.
.
There was a campaign on them but it did expire with the base warranty.
.
I will open it back up. Please DON’T REPLY to this post as that will lock the question back to me, someone should be along shortly, I’m sure, thanks and sorry I wasn’t able to help with it.
.
Expert:  Don 'Mo Lurch' replied 1 year ago.
sorry for the delay.............Greetings...... “Hi, I’m Don (aka MOLurch) and I look forward to helping you!”.Problem with the Factory Radio is they are Class 2 DATA Type Radios, that require use of GM Dealer Scan Tool & GM Computer to Test & Program.Customer Input is limited to Fuse 42 or 39, located in the Under Hood Fuse Panel, Connections & a 50/50 reset.IF Voltage + is good at the RED / WHITE wire of the Radio Plug, then likely it is a Programming issueYou can try a RESET, by disconnecting the Negative Battery Cable for 5 minutes, then reconnecting, but many times the installation of a New Battery causes a voltage spike & the Radio & Communication Module loses communication.IF you need more information, please ask "prior" to Rating.. Please take a moment to rate my service so that I can get credit for my time.NOTE: Do NOT Rate on how much TIME you waited, because I am not on 24 / 7 and I answer as soon as I see the question.The question will still remain open for follow up questions if needed..Rating is very Important to our Service..