Randy
Randy, Auto Specialist
Experience:  25 Years Experience Automotive Technology.
62741268

GMC Sierra 1500 denali: I'm hoping you can help. I have a 2012

Customer Question

I'm hoping you can help. I have a 2012 gmc Denali A passenger in the truck reclined the passenger seat all the way back and now we cannot get it to go back to seated position. Everything else works... Heat moving seat front and back just not the recline.
Category: GMC
Expert:  Randy replied 1 year ago.
This could be a bad switch or connection on the seat, it could also be jammed. Try this please> move the seat all the way forward, then from behind the seat lift up with a good amount of force while trying the recline button. Move the button back and forth while lifting up on the seat to see if it will free up.
If it doesn't then the seat trim will have to be removed and checked for voltage at the motor and switch and also damage at the gears on the motor and seat.