Ask Don 'Mo Lurch' Your Own Que...
Don 'Mo Lurch'
Don 'Mo Lurch', ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  GM, GMC, Chevrolet Cert., Heavy Line Mech, Race Shop Owner, Mobile Electronics
1609972

GMC 1998: Need to bypass my vats system

Customer Question

Need to bypass my vats system
Category: GMC
Expert:  Don 'Mo Lurch' replied 1 year ago.
sorry for the delay.............Greetings...... “Hi, I’m Don (akaCustomer and I look forward to helping you!”.Your best professional way is to contact:http://newrockies.com/as they have the best solutionORYou can try a 1000 ohm resistor & connect between the ORANGE / BLACK & YELLOW PassLock wiresYou need to cut the YELLOW wire in half & connect the Resistor to the Cut Half that does NOT go to the Key SwitchNOTE: Make sure you are on the "PASSLOCK wires", they will be the smaller "3" wires at the Ignition Switch ORANGE / BLACK, YELLOW & RED / WHITE.IF you need more information, please ask "prior" to Rating.. Please take a moment to rate my service so that I can get credit for my time.NOTE: Do NOT Rate on how much TIME you waited, because I am not on 24 / 7 and I answer as soon as I see the question.The question will still remain open for follow up questions if needed..Rating is very Important to our Service..
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Already did that problem is farhter in then thet
sorry.........all you posted was:Need to bypass my vats system???there was nothing else posted.........ByPass is done exactly as I postedThere is NO other type ByPass, as the BCM & the PCM has Internal Components that cannot be removedIF you have tried what I posted, then the BCM & / or the PCM needs replaced.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Forget looks like I just wasted my money
without info, cannot answer specificallythanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can I buy them used?
BCM or PCM is available at many Salvage Yards, but you will have to have them Programmed via GM Scan ToolYou may want to have yours Repaired, as there are a number of Repair / Rebuilders On-LineEither way it will not be cheap.You may also want to contact;http://newrockies.com/first & see what they think, prior to any repairs
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ware do I get a scan tool can you rent them
Some Auto Parts Stores rent, with heavy deposit.You will be looking for "GM Tech 2" Scan ToolIF you are unfamiliar with operation, you may want a Local Shop do this, as you can cause issues in Programming
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There are bypass modules out there that I can buy also may be I can look at that option they go for like $250
The method I posted is the "same" as a ByPass Module, except with a ByPass Module your PassLock has to be working for the ByPass Module to get the "correct" Resistance reading / programming.
Hello again Lurch here.
I noticed we have not yet resolved your concern you asked about.
If I have helped, please RATE my answer
I would appreciate it if you would reply so I can offer my skills and knowledge and repair guide access to help as best I can.
If you have already rated my answer, then Thanks alot.
If you have new questions now or in the future please do not hesitate to ask them.
If you would like me to assist you. Just bookmark this page so you can access my profile easy and post a new question from the question box on my profile page.
.
.............................................