Virtual Wrench
Virtual Wrench, Master Mechanic
Experience:  Over 35 years experience on GMC vehicles.
2617050

Intermitent hesitation at gas peddle ,sometimes no response

Customer Question

intermitent hesitation at gas peddle ,sometimes no response at gas peddle---makes gurgling sound and after several seconds and pumping peddle a few times finely accelerates----some times takes 5-6 seconds of no response
Submitted: 1 year ago via CarComplaints.com.
Category: GMC
Expert:  Virtual Wrench replied 1 year ago.
You can check the connections on the sensors and modules. The etc (electronic throttle control) systems have 3 main components that work in conjunction with the pcm: the pedal position sensor (PPS), throttle actuator control module (TAC module), and the throttle position sensor (TPS).
Usually, if the TAC or any related components or sensors become disconnected, it will store a dtc that would tell you that the pcm lost communication with the tac module or there is a low reference signal from the tps or pps.
If this was the first time it happened, the pcm may not illuminate the check engine light until it happens again, but it will still store the dtc in memory so you can retrieve it and start with resolving the problem that way.
Autozone will pull the codes for free.
Larry
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The pps and the tac and the tps have all been replaced just 4 days ago and the problem still exists and the the no peddle response is getting worse. Also, with almost every start from a dead stop, there is a slight gurgling sound and a slight hesitation at the peddle------sometimes there is no sound and n o response at the peddle.
Thanks for that additional info,
Run it by Autozone or other parts stores like Advance, Orilley's etc....and they will pull the diagnostic codes and give them to me and i will look them up. I'm sure it has some codes stored in the computer.
Let me know.
Larry