Gm Tech (Cam)
Gm Tech (Cam), GMC Mechanic
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 year experience.
10949255

GM Envoy: I have a GMC Envoy that won't start or even attempt

Customer Question

I have a GMC Envoy that won't start or even attempt to start. We replaced the relay but it still wont start.
Category: GMC
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We drove the car Friday night. When I attempted to start the car it would do nothing. All lights and radio are working.
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I'm here to help get your problem solved. Do you a hear a click while trying to start?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There is no clicking. The check engine light comes on. When I turn the ignition key to off the electrical system starts making relay noises under the dash..
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.
Have you checked battery connections? Do you have a multimeter to do some testing? Thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Battery is fine and we do not have a multimeter
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.
It sounds like you may have a bad battery, poor connection, or ignition switch problem but to know for sure we will need a meter to do some testing. Without a meter about all you can do is check connections, have battery tested at parts store, and check fuses. You can buy a meter from parts store for about $15 and we can continue with some more testing. Let me know how it goes or if you have more questions. Thanks.