Pete, GMC Mechanic
Experience:  GM training and dealer tech for 14+ years. Diagnostics
14928985

GMC Envoy XUV: HAVING TROUBLE WITH ENDGATE NOT OPENING ON MY

Customer Question

HAVING TROUBLE WITH ENDGATE NOT OPENING ON MY 2004 ENVOY XUV. MECHANIC HAS CHKED LATCHS AND SAYS THEY OPEN & CLOSE PROPERLY. COULD THE PROBELM BE ENDGATE CONTROL MODULE?
Category: GMC
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
The tail gate control module can fail internally and cause this here as I have had to replace before but the biggest issue is all 3 latches.GM even released a bulletin on these 3 latches on how they fail and will not allow operating of the end gate.Even if they look to be working as they can show to be working in some cases the latches are the most common with the updated latches needing installed.
Thanks Pete