Gm Tech (Cam)
Gm Tech (Cam), GMC Mechanic
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 year experience.
10949255

GM Sierra 1500: I have a 2010 gmc sierra I have converted the

Customer Question

I have a 2010 gmc sierra I have converted the vac brakes to hydro boost and I need to know what needs to be done to get rid of service brake system warning
Category: GMC
Expert:  Gm Tech (Cam) replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I'm Cam.
Can I get your first name please?
To start off with, did you have a sensor on the brake booster? If so, what did you do with that sensor?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

The sensor is still on the truck. I tried to just plug it off but it must need to see a change in vacuum when stepping on the brake cause the message still pops up.

Thats what I am partially thinking. IT is still connected to vacuum in the intake then? Also I don't suppose you have the means to check those codes?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

My name is***** have a code reader. I'm not sure if I have it with me at work. Yes it's still hooked to the intake.

Buck, I don't suppose you can get your hands on a scanner that will read those codes then?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

No. I checked the plug on the check valve and now the message is not coming up but I'm not sure problem is fixed.

Lets try a reset then see how it does when driving. Take the battery cables off the battery, hold the ends together for 10 seconds then attach them to the battery and see what happens. This will reset the whole vehicle.If you have 2 batteries, then remove both and touch only one set.