Chris (aka-Moose), GMC Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

Gmc seirra: i have a 2004 gmc sierra ext cab 4x4 1ton dually.

Customer Question

i have a 2004 gmc sierra ext cab 4x4 1ton dually. 6.6 DIESEL, allison 5spd auto.
the problem i am having is:
the cruise control stops working
the 4x4 switch panel stops working, i will be in 2wd but 4wd low lights up. sometimes it will be on the red neutral light will just be on. pushing the buttons will not do anything but flash for a second
the truck drives and shifts just fine but will not let me go into 4wd.
one time the display said service 4wd
i almost always get codes
PO500
PO700
one time i got codes
PO802
U1026
Category: GMC
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
forgot to mention that the truck will return to normal after a day or two. but then will do the same thing again in another day or two. the problem is intermittent.
Expert:  Chris (aka-Moose) replied 1 year ago.
I am sorry for the delay in getting a response to you. Sometimes we get alot of customers and just can not keep up. Sometimes you just have to wait for the correct tech to login.Do you even still need help. Sometimes customers seek help elsewhere or figure it out on their own before we get to each and everyone.I am sure I can help a lot or a little at least something if you give me a chance and work with me. I am going to get an answer to you regardless if you reply or not sooner or later.If your concern is urgent reply and let me know and if you have anything more you think will help me, to help you, let me know. I work on here normally 3pm-3am central. Thanks Chris
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
yes i still need help on this issue.
something i didnt mention is when the truck goes back normal everthing works, the 4x4 works just fine, and the cruise control works fine. then in a day or two it acts up again and i get the same codes P0500, P0700
Have you done any diag on these codes or need those diag steps/ I feel like this is a electrical issue that is going to be tough to find. The 0700 means there are transmission codes, I assume your tool is not good enough to get those? You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. I normally log in at 3pm and work late. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.Thanks Chris