Pete, GMC Mechanic
Experience:  GM training and dealer tech for 14+ years. Diagnostics
14928985

GMC 2005: Have a 2005 gmc envoy 5.3 shortly after reaching

Customer Question

Have a 2005 gmc envoy 5.3 shortly after reaching operating temp it will die suddenly and won't crank until it gets cooled off it sets several codes p0689 p1516 p1682 p2101 everything apeares to be working fine I have a very good snap on scanner any ideas
Category: GMC
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
If all of these codes set every time this issue occurs this can be due to an internal intermittent electrical fault in the engine computer itself.I have seen this computer act up/fail before internally and cause this issue here and had to replace it.
This will have to be tested further to pinpoint for sure that this is the cause and the engine computer connections and wiring need checked for any damage needing repaired.
Thanks Pete
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
I am following up with you to see if you still needed help with your question you had asked.If my help didn't satisfy your question please let me know so we can continue.
Thanks Pete