Randy
Randy, Auto Specialist
Experience:  25 Years Experience Automotive Technology.
62741268

This morning I noticed the bluetooth in my 2010 Yukon XL stopped

Customer Question

This morning I noticed the bluetooth in my 2010 Yukon XL stopped working. I hold the steering wheel control button down and the system does not engage. It is not the button, a quick press, still mutes the audio.
Category: GMC
Expert:  Randy replied 1 year ago.
Hi, my name is***** will assist you.
Try removing the phone name from the Bluetooth menu on the Yukon, then remove the battery on you phone and then re add the phone to the Yukon bluetooth. If you have an iPhone you will not be able to remove the battery, you can reset the network settings > Please follow these steps>Step 1:
Tap Settings.
Step 2:
Tap General.
Step 3:
Scroll down to the bottom of the page and tap Reset.
Step 4:
Tap Reset Network Settings.
Step 5:
You will get a prompt warning you that this option will delete all network settings and return them to factory default settings. Tap Reset to continue.
Step 6:
Wait while your iPhone resets its network settings.
Once the reset process is done, your network settings will return to its factory default settings. Your iPhone will also automatically restart. Then add the device to the Yukon bluetooth.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't have a Bluetooth menu on the Yukon, I don't have a screen. How do I access it? I can't even get into the Bluetooth system. I hold the button down and nothing engages. Usually it says "Ready" or something like that.
Expert:  Randy replied 1 year ago.
okay, do you have the Bose audio system in the Yukon?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I think. The speakers say Bose.
Expert:  Randy replied 1 year ago.
okay, try this please>1. Press and hold bluetooth button on steering wheel for two seconds. 2. Say “Bluetooth.” 3. Say “Delete.” The system asks which phone to delete. 4. Say the name of the phone you want to delete
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I will try that. Won't be able to get back to you until later.
Expert:  Randy replied 1 year ago.
no problem. Let me know when you are back.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
When I press the blue tooth button, nothing happens. If the radio is on, the audio is muted.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I also just noticed that On Star is not working. When I press the button, nothing happens. Is that the same system as the blue tooth? Could it be a fuse? I read in the manual that On-Star may not work properly if there is not enough power getting to the vehicle. Could it be a battery issue?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
a loose connection on the rearview mirror?
Expert:  Randy replied 1 year ago.
that is possible, one thing you can try will be to remove the radio fuse for a few minutes and then reconnect the fuse and see if it will reset.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Which one is the radio fuse and where is it located?
Expert:  Randy replied 1 year ago.
I will get that for you.
Expert:  Randy replied 1 year ago.
Remove the 15 amp fuse marked RDO at the # ***** location.
Expert:  Randy replied 1 year ago.
DIAGRAM>>