Virtual Wrench
Virtual Wrench, Master Mechanic
Experience:  Over 35 years experience on GMC vehicles.
2617050

Chevrolet GMC Sonoma: , my name is***** own a 2002 GMC

Customer Question

Hi, my name is***** own a 2002 GMC Sonoma. When I made a 90 degree left turn, the right front seemed to dig in. In that it dipped very low and made the steering very difficult. It did the same when I backed out, but not as bad. I first thought it was transmission trouble, because the RPM dropped in half. But once the turn is complete, it ran fine. From a parking lot to a 70 mph highway. No pronounced vibrating or RPM loss. Light turns at 70 had no effect. (For more background, the truck had been vibrating more than normal, and was a bit louder.)
Category: GMC
Expert:  Virtual Wrench replied 1 year ago.
Hi Larry,
Is this a 4X4 because if it is, it sure sounds like the 4 wheel is engaged.
If it is still doing it, try making a full hard turn to the right and see if it does the same and let me know.
Larry
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Larry you were right on. Turned on the truck and there was the 4 Hi button, just as you suggested. Disengaged the 4 Hi, and the problem was gone. I gave the truck a good driving, and nothing.
You were 100% correct.
Thank you!
I want to pass on my experience
and let JustAnswers know how you naild it!
Again, Thanks Larry. If I have another problem
I sure hope I get your help!
You are very welcome my friend!
Thanks for the kind words!
If you are satisfied with my service please use the required rating for me to receive credit for working with you.
Larry
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
"MY" mechanic Larry was incredible. Once I got his ideas of what it might be, my truck was back up and running, in two minutes.
Would have been less, but, I had to find my keys. Larry is outstanding. I hope I never have car trouble again, but if I do, I hope I get Larry again.
Thanks man,
Please use the stars for rating my service.
Pleasure to help you out bud.
Larry
Hi Larry,
If you are having trouble with the rating system then all you have to do is reply with. "Yes i accept this answer".
That is the only way i get credit for working with you.
Thank you and if you need help again let me know.
Larry