Pete, GMC Mechanic
Experience:  GM training and dealer tech for 14+ years. Diagnostics
14928985

2006 gmc 4x4 duramax. When i push the 4wd lo or button

Customer Question

2006 gmc 4x4 duramax. When i push the 4wd lo or hi button it blinks and does not engage
front diff. Does engage transfer case and rear diff The service 4wd message is also present. I tthink it's the actuator. is there a way to test the actuator?
Category: GMC
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
The first thing that needs done here is to have the fault codes checked/read out of the transfer case computer using a scan tool that will plug into your vehicle and that communicates with all computers.Once you have the fault codes read out this will help in pin pointing the fault here.I have seen the actuator itself fail and cause this at the front differential,if you can get the codes read out and post the code info here this will help just let me know.
Thanks Pete
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Already fixed myself. I know i can take to have codes read. was hoping for somemore information. 4wd fuse on fuse block
should have been first thing checked . That is what it was.