Pete, GMC Mechanic
Experience:  GM training and dealer tech for 14+ years. Diagnostics
14928985

GM Yukon xl: I have a 2001 Yukon with wiring issues. The door

Customer Question

I have a 2001 Yukon with wiring issues. The door locks, rear air and various other things will not work. Now when you turn off the vehicle the dash fan keeps running and the lights come on at dusk and stay on unless you disconnect the battery . Is there a Co trol module that junctions all of these or is it several different ones.
Category: GMC
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
There are two common components to cause this issue here.One is the BCM (body control module itself) as I have seen this control module fail several times in the past before and had to replace it for issues like this here.The other is the electronic ignition switch acting up on one or more of its circuits.Usually the ignition switch won't cause all of these issues here but the BCM can.
If you have not had the fault codes checked to see what codes are set with this issue here this needs done.Any codes set will need diagnosed to locate and repair this fault.This will need done with a scan tool that will communicate with the engine and BCM computers.
One other issue is if anything after market is wired into the vehicle this can cause this issue as well if it is wired improperly or shorting out/failing at all.
Thanks Pete
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

I am following up with you to see if you still needed help with your question you had asked.If my help didn't satisfy your question please let me know so we can continue.

Thanks Pete