sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

Morning. I have an 05 yukon with 215000 K. The car has

Customer Question

Morning. I have an 05 yukon with 215000 K. The car has served me very well, but I am finding over the last year some electrical issues have come up. Started with the seat warmer switch...what was just the "back" button now turns on both seat and back.
The switch to move the seat forward is now reversed so in order to move the seat forward you have to move the button to the back. The heated seats on the drivers side are not working...it started that the light would go on/they would heat sometimes and sometimes
not. Then the light would turn off after 20 - 30 seconds. Initially if I restarted the car I could usually get the seats to stay on, but now the drivers side will not heat at all. The passenger side will heat as long as the drivers side is not on, so that
sounds like a burnt out Drivers side, but all the funny on/off stuff that preceded for the last year is making me wonder if this is more of an electrical issue. The second issue which has just arisen recently is a strange knocking noise that sounds like it
is right behind the radio area when idling. I can't hear anything while running. The car has been well maintained and never been one to make any unusual noises. Lastly, I am concerned my tranny is going to go. I am finding over the last several months that
when I put into reverse very occasionally it will feel like it is not in gear. (Driveway is very sloped so the car moves, but feels more like gravity than the car "reversing".) Will redo and it will be fine. The other day it felt like this, then was fine and
while moving forward very slowly I had this brief sound like everything was seizing lasted a couple seconds went away then came back a couple of seconds later. Did this three times. It has been fine since. I have never had a car do this before. Any help you
can offer would be appreciated!
Category: GMC
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 2 years ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!
It will take some electrical testing to know exactly what is going on but the seat issues are most likely being caused by a failed memory heated seat module.
The noise in the dash is most likely an actuator on the heater box. If a door won't physically move or an actuator has failed then it can continually click as it tries to move. Changing temperature, mode, or recirculation state while the noise is happening may cause it to stop, if so then you're hearing an actuator.
The delayed engagement could be low trans fluid, drainback due to a filter or internal trans issue, or it could be a pump, converter or clutch issue. The first thing you'll want to do is check the fluid level and condition as well as checking for fault codes. If the fluid is dark or smells burnt that is an indication of clutch slippage.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thank you!! I will check out the trans. fluids today!
You're welcome!
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Sorry...had to go out of town and have not addressed any of this yet. Will get to it over the weekend and will follow up with any further questions
Sounds great!