Gm Tech (Cam)
Gm Tech (Cam), GMC Mechanic
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 year experience.
10949255

GM: I have a 2003 Yukon Denali AWD, I replaced the blend door

Customer Question

I have a 2003 Yukon Denali AWD, I replaced the blend door actuator under the kick plate passenger side and still get HOT air up front only. It is my understanding there is a blend actuator somewhere behind the dash accessible via the driver side. However I cant see it. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Category: GMC
Expert:  Gary replied 1 year ago.
Welcome! My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you with this problem.
I am sorry for the long wait
is this a duel heater a/c controller in this truck ?
and the modes will switch vent and defrost but no matter what you set the temp too it will blow hot ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes it has dual controls up front. The rear AC is cold, the front is not.
Expert:  Gary replied 1 year ago.
both drivers and passenger are hot ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
yes
Expert:  Gary replied 1 year ago.
if you disconnect both battery cables for 5 minutes then touch the battery cables together for 2 minutes then reconnect the battery cables to the battery then start the truck and do NOT touch any heater controls for 1 minute after the 1 minutes will they work ok ? or both still hot ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I did this too, Still hot.
Expert:  Gary replied 1 year ago.
ok under the heater box directly under the dash kind of near the center bottom of the heater box there is a small actuator
can you find that and unplug it and remove the 2 screws and take it out then with the truck on and the AC on can you turn the stem that actuator slides onto by hand and make it be cold then hot by hand ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
So is this one different than the one that you access via the passenger side? I already replaced the one under the center that is access via the passenger side. That one controls left to right temp.
Expert:  Gary replied 1 year ago.
there is one right under the bottom of the heater box that is for the drivers temp
and the passenger actuator is located passenger top of the heater box which is like a 7 hour job to get too as the dash has to come out to get to it
but first lets see if you turn the door by hand with the actuator out of you turn it by hand can you get hot and cold by hand out of the drivers side ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I removed the one you are talking about and moved the door by hand, the air got hotter on the driver side, since I had it out a I replaced it, reset it and tested it, it moves however I only have hot air in the front.