Pete, GMC Mechanic
Experience:  GM training and dealer tech for 14+ years. Diagnostics
14928985

GMC Sierra 2500 HD: ,I had a burned out low beam head light.

Customer Question

Hi,I had a burned out low beam head light. I tried replacing both bulbs on my 2007 GMC sierra 2500HD. The burned out light is still not working. I checked the fuses and they are fine. What so I do next?
Category: GMC
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
Hi,my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to try to assist you with this.I may need more information in some cases to help with answering your question.I apologize for any delay and I am posting as soon as I saw your question myself.
What needs to be done here next is to test the power and ground signal to the bulb that is not working to see which signal is not present.You are missing either the power or ground signal to this specific bulb causing this issue here.
Both low beams are controlled off the same relay and same computer command control so both the relay and computer (BCM) are o.k.
This indicates either there is a break in the wiring leading from the left or right head lamp fuse to the bulb (depending on which bulb is not working) or there is a break in the wiring on the ground circuit to the bulb that is affected.
If you have a test light or multi meter to test electrical with I can walk you through some testing to see if we can pinpoint the cause here just let me know.
Thanks Pete
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

I am following up with you to see if you still needed help with your question you had asked.If my help didn't satisfy your question please let me know so we can continue.

Thanks Pete