Gary
Gary, GM Technician
Experience:  Senior Technician
84449473

I have a 2006 GMC Envoy, straight 6 engine , that has 179000

Customer Question

I have a 2006 GMC Envoy, straight 6 engine , that has 179000 mile on it with no trouble until now. A little while ago I started hearing a little taping noise in the engine. I thought it sounded like a valve lifter leaking down. The oil pressure was perfect and still is now. I changed the oil and put 1 qt. of Lucas oil in with it and after about 10 miles it stopped. Several days latter it started again. Then latter stopped again Now it has started back and has gotten a little louder. This time its continues. I still say its acts like a valve lifter leaking down if that's the way these new engines work. Anyone had the same problem and know for sure what the problem is?
Category: GMC
Expert:  Gary replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I would change the oil and add a bottle of "lifter free" made by Nulon.
Have had good success with this product.
Gary.