A/C - A/C Indicator Or Recirculation Indicator FlashingINFORMATIONBulletin No.: 09-01-38-004Date: July 31, 2009Subject: Information on Vehicles with HVAC Control Module A/C and Recirculation Indicators FlashingModels:
2008-2010 Buick Enclave
2007-2010 Cadillac Escalade Models
2007-2010 Chevrolet Avalanche, Silverado, Suburban, Tahoe
2009-2010 Chevrolet Traverse
2007-2010 GMC Acadia, Sierra, Yukon, Yukon XL
2007-2010 Saturn OUTLOOKCondition/ConcernImportant
DO NOT replace the HVAC Control Module for a flashing A/C Indicator or flashing Recirculation Indicator, as this is normal operation.Some customers may comment on any of the following conditions:- The Air Conditioning (A/C) indicator on the heating ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) control module flashes then turns OFF after they press the A/C button.
- The Recirculation indicator on the HVAC control module flashes then turns OFF after they press the Recirculation button.
- The passenger (PASS) temperature setting flashes then turns OFF after they press the PASS button.
- The driver and passenger temperature settings revert to previous temperature settings when changing from defrost to bi-level, vent, floor or defog.This is normal operation for the HVAC Control Module and indicates that the A/C, Recirculation and Passenger functions are not available at this time.The following parameters are reasons that the A/C functions may not be available (calibrated values vary by program):- Ambient air temperature (AAT) is too cold (if equipped with Ambient Air Temperature Sensor)
- Vehicle system voltage is less than 9.5 volts
- Refrigerant pressure is too low
- Refrigerant pressure is too high
- Engine coolant
temperature (ECT) is too high
- Engine is not in RUN
- HVAC Control Head is in the OFF positionThe following mode settings are reasons Recirculation may not be available:- Mode switch set on Floor
- Mode switch set on Defog
- Mode switch set on DefrostThe following mode setting is the reason the passenger mode may not be available:The mode switch is set on Defrost.Note
The reason(s) A/C is currently disabled can be viewed with a Tech 2(R) by navigating to HVAC Data display and viewing the A/C Permission parameter.
To maintain the highest level of customer satisfaction, INFORM the customer of all of the following conditions:- The flashing A/C indicators on the HVAC control module represent normal operation and indicate that the A/C, Recirculation and/or Passenger functions are not available at this time.
- Changing the passenger temperature setting while in the Defrost mode will change the Driver temperature setting.
- Changes made to temperature settings while in Defrost mode will revert to the previous settings upon returning to Bi-level, Vent, Floor or Defog.