Gm Tech (Cam)
Gm Tech (Cam), GMC Mechanic
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 year experience.
10949255

GMC Envoy XL: Replaced ignition switch and car would still

Customer Question

Replaced ignition switch and car would still not crank. Battery volts read 12.54v. Checked the battery cables and they are in really good condition as well as the bolts. All fuses are still operational. Shifter cable still operational as well.
Submitted: 1 year ago via CarComplaints.com.
Category: GMC
Expert:  Gary replied 1 year ago.
Welcome! My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you with this problem.
with your fingers on the starter relay under the hood in the under hood fuse box when some one turns the key to crank position do you feel that relay click with your fingers ?
does the fuse called CRANK in the under hood fuse box show 12 volts on both sides of it testing it in place through the little openings in the tops of that fuse every time the key it held to crank position ?