Pete, GMC Mechanic
Experience:  GM training and dealer tech for 14+ years. Diagnostics
14928985

GMC Acadia SLT: My radio is on but no sound through the speakers.

Customer Question

My radio is on but no sound through the speakers. Checked the fuse = ok still no sound...no what can i check or do?
Category: GMC
Expert:  Pete replied 4 years ago.
Hi,welcome to Just Answer.I will be happy to assist you with this question today.I will try and assist you as best as possible from here,feel free to ask any follow up questions to my info provided here.

Is this a factory radio in this vehicle or an after market radio?

Has anything been checked or done to try and correct or locate the fault?

Let me know so we can continue,thanks Pete.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Factory system. Bose with amp. The radio is the a radio cd sat combo
Expert:  Pete replied 4 years ago.
O.k.,in some cases I have seen the audio amplifier fail on these models and cause this issue here,this amp is located way up under the dash on the drivers side just left of the brake pedal assembly.

If all other radio and sat functions are operating properly then this sounds like what may have failed and may need replaced.

In some cases you can reset the amplifier and it may work again,to do this locate your interior fuse block and locate the 30 amp AMP fuse and remove it for about 5 minutes with the key off,then reinstall it and see if your sound comes back then.

Let me know if you need anything else and positive ratings are appreciated.Thanks Pete.
Expert:  Pete replied 4 years ago.

I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help?

Let me know,
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
No it didn't work
Expert:  Pete replied 4 years ago.
I apologize for the delay.out of town for a funeral.

It sounds like your amplifier may have failed.This should be checked/tested to be sure by either a shop or a dealer.

If found faulty it will need replaced.I have seen some of the radios fail as well on these but this sounds more like the amplifier itself may have failed here.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

you can still hear the radio if you plug in headphones to the rear inputs.