Jerry, Master Mechanic
Experience:  ASE Master, 30+ years exp. former shop owner/ manager

GM yukon Denali: heated seat is not working.

Hi, my driver side heated seat is not working. When you pressed the button the light comes on for about 5-10 sec and it shuts off. The fuse labeled ignition/heated seats is fine, I replaced the heating element and that didn't fix it, and I inspected the wires under the seats and I don't see anything wrong.
Category: GMC
Expert:  Jerry replied 4 years ago.

Hello and welcome to Just, Super mechanic here. Please DON’T hit accept until you are completely satisfied with the answer If you have any further questions on it please just ask. About your vehicle.

There has been a service bulletin for that type of concern. It involves reprogramming the door module. The dealer would have to do that, I hate to have to say.

Here is what it states.

Interior - Heated Seats Intermittently Inoperative

Bulletin No.: 05-08-05-008

Date: August 18, 2005

Intermittent Heated Seats Inoperative, DTC B3941 Set (Reprogram Driver Seat Module)

2003-2005 Cadillac Escalade, Escalade ESV, Escalade EXT
2003-2005 Chevrolet Avalanche, Silverado, Suburban, Tahoe
2003-2005 GMC Sierra, Yukon, Yukon XL, Yukon Denali

All with Seat FRT, Individual (Non BKT) (RPO AN3)

2003-2005 HUMMER H2 with Seat, Front Bucket Deluxe (RPO AR9)

Some customers may comment that occasionally the seat heater will not operate when activated. If the ignition key is cycled OFF and back ON again, the heated seat will operate correctly. Also, on some LB7 diesel engine vehicles, the seat heater may turn itself off during the first 10 minutes of operation. This occurs only with the first activation for the day and works correctly with subsequent activations immediately after the event. These conditions are intermiffent and DTC B3941 may be set.

Technicians are to reprogram the driver seat module with an updated software calibration. This new service calibration was released with TIS satellite data update version 6.5 available June 13, 2005. As always, make sure your Tech 2(R) is updated with the latest software version.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I am afraid that my problem is not intermittent. The driver seat doesn't work at all, the light comes on and it goes out in a few seconds. The passenger side seems to be fine. I just want to make sure you understand my problem. If that's what it is I will bring it to a GM dealer.
Expert:  Jerry replied 4 years ago.
I do understand, however, short of replacing the seat heater module, I will normally reprogram it as required by any service bulletins. The fact that it does come on, (for the 10 seconds or so) confirms that the switch is working. There are other bulletins for the reprogram and one for an inop seat heater with memory seats.

I don't want to say to change any parts that may not correct the problem, thanks

Interior - Seat Heater/Power Memory Seat Inoperative

File In Section: 08 Body and Accessories

Bulletin No.: 03-08-50-003

Date: January, 2003

Seat Heater and/or Memory Power Seat Inoperative
(Replace Memory Seat Control Module) Models:
2003 Cadillac Escalade, Escalade ESV, Escalade EXT
2003 Chevrolet Avalanche, Silverado, Suburban, Tahoe
2003 GMC Sierra, Yukon, Yukon XL, Yukon Denali, Yukon Denali XL
2003 HUMMER H2

Some customers may comment that the seat heater and/or memory seat functions are inoperative.

A logic lockup of the memory seat control module may cause this condition.