Gm Tech (Cam)
Gm Tech (Cam), GMC Mechanic
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 year experience.

GM GMC Denali pickup: How do I remove the door panels on a

Customer Question

How do I remove the door panels on a 2008 GMC Denali pickup. Need to replace door handles
Category: GMC
Expert:  Gm Tech (Cam) replied 4 years ago.
Hello, I'm Cam. Please include all the details about your issue so I can accurately advise you. I cannot see your vehicle so please be detailed.

Does this have a pull handle on the door over the front switch?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
yes it's a pull handle. the front screw is broken
Ok, the inside cover of that handle pops off from the bottom. The you can remove the two bolts. Then remove the small cover from around the release handle. Remove the bolt. Remove the small cover from the rear pull handle.
Then the 2 bolts inside. Make sure the window is up.
Lift the switch assembly out as it pops up. Then disconnect the wires.
Remove the top triangle cover frn the mirror area. Ten using a trim tool, pop the trim loose on the bottom and sides. Then unhook the top. After this you need to press e two tabs that hold the door handle cable to the inside handle then unhook the cable and pop it out and set the panel aside.
After that there are two more bolts, all 10 mm and two rods to remove th handle for replacement.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
This make no sense. How do I get the door panels off the inside of the doo so I can replace the door handles. If you need a picture I can send one. Maybe an expert would help
The door panel clips on so after removing all the bolts it prys back and the clips release.

Posting most pictures is against copyright laws that is why I am describing it In this detail.