Gm Tech (Cam)
Gm Tech (Cam), GMC Mechanic
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 11 year experience.
10949255

GMC Yukon Denali: 2002 Yukon Denali Air Ride Light on Codes

Customer Question

2002 Yukon Denali Air Ride Light on
Codes are as follows;
C0585(left rear solonoid circuit malfunction)
C0590(right rear solonoid circuit malfunction)
C0660(level control exhaust valve circuit malfunction)

My local mechanics scanned and found these codes

Thanks,
DBC
Category: GMC
Expert:  Gm Tech (Cam) replied 3 years ago.
Hello, I'm Cam. Please include all the details about your issue so I can accurately advise you. I cannot see your vehicle so please be detailed.

Are the rear shocks still connected With the electrical connector at the top on the back?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Update: Apparently someone has already changed the rear shocks to Non-Air which is obviously why the the Service Ride Control Light is on. Please tell me there is a way to bypass it.

Thanks,

Duane

use a 2 ohm resistor to bridge the pins in the connector to override the sensor in the shocks.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

ok I found the wires but there seems to be 2 wired plug and a single black wire in the loom. Do I need to do anything with the single wire?

Thanks,

DBC

No, only the two wires in the connector.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

ok I've done the splice in with the resistor. Should I have pulled the RTD fuse? I thought I read somewhere to do this(sorry I shouldn't be taking advice from 2 different people). Anyways the Service Ride Control Light came on right away. I reinstalled the fuse and the light now stayed off. I haven't moved the truck yet so not sure if the problem is solved yet? Should I leave the RTD fuse in?

Thanks,

DBC

With no power it will set codes so leave it in and it should stay out.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

ok I will drive tonight and report back result tomorrow

Thanks,

DBC

Sounds good.
Gm Tech (Cam), GMC Mechanic
Experience: GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 11 year experience.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
All is well light is off! Thanks so much. Ps my I'm a Christian Musician and my dads a pastor. We do regular events in Calgary
Cool. Gad it works.

Awesome with the music!!!!
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hello again,

Where can I find my VSS wire(2002 denali)

Thanks,

Duane

The best place is a purple white wire in the red ECM connector, pin 21.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

silly question but how do you remove the ECM cover? Also do you have any experience with the PAC Interfaces? I just wired a OS1 and OEM1 but have no audio

If you lift up the front(rad) side then you can unhook the front and slide the top rear to unhook it.

I have not used either but understand the basics. Did the radio work before removal?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
oh by the way I have the 6.0 litre. Pioneer forum claims its pin 50 fof the red connector??
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
yes factory radio worked fine, I am installing a Pioneer F90BT(which has been tested) its almost like the factory Bose amplifer is not kicking on. Also(and I hope it's just coincidence) but one of my HIDs got knocked out duiring the install
You may need to ask a new question in car electronics of the guys who know those devices better than I.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

ok so to confirm that VSS wire is definitely PIN 21 in the red connector for an 02 Yukon Denali 60 Litre?

Thanks,
DBC

Yes, that is the vss high signal wire, low signal being the one in pin 20 and the pin numbers are cast into the back of the connector. That I am 100% sure about.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
ok thanks
No problem.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

ok I have the ECM out however I only see 2 long vertical style plugs that are grey(or at least the covers are). How do I access pin 21 and will there be any issues if I unplug anything? Should my battery be unhooked?

Thanks,
DBC

Take both connectors off using a 7mm to release the jack bolt and use the inside cover to see which is red. As for getting at them, you can pop the cover off when you have them lifted up.

No need to remove the battery, just have the key off.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

sorry to keep bothering you. I have the red connector out however dont see where the #'s are stampped. Is it under the grey cover and if so how does it come off? Never worked on anything with the ECM before I just don't want to break anything

Thanks,
DBC

The numbers are on the back side and the cover pops off, but you will need to insert a screw driver In the small slots to release it. Often a couple of the legs do break off, not a big deal.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

ok so grey cover is off but #'s seem pretty corroded. looking down it looks like going from left to right 21 may be in the right plug. do you know how many in starting at the right plug 21 is and or what color the wire is?

Thanks again,
DBC

There are 80 pins in each plug, if you hold it so the wires come out the bottom and looking from the back, top left to right is 1-20 for top left then top right, 21-40, bottom left 41-60 and bottom right 61-80.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
ok thanks again! I've left a msg for the car audio guys re my other problem but haven't heard back yet.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

02 Yukon Denali with factory Bose System. Is the Amp behind the glove box and if so which wire(color/pin#/plug) is the amp turn on wire?

Thanks,

DBC

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Any idea what wire/pin#color is the amp turn on for the factory bose amp in a 02 Denali?

Thanks,

DBC

Solid orange wire in connector c2 pin A5.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hey there,

My Service Air Ride Light just came back on. I checked the connection to the resisitors and everything seems fine,. The night before I changed my Fog HIDs to regular bulbs other than that no changes. Any ideas?

Thanks,
Duane

Expert:  Gm Tech (Cam) replied 2 years ago.
Any idea what codes are set?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

No I do not but I'm not sure the codes would be accurate because the Air ride has been bypassed using resistors

Thanks,

Duane

They would be since you only put the resistor in to make it think there is shocks intalled.