Pete, GMC Mechanic
Experience:  GM training and dealer tech for 14+ years. Diagnostics

GM Yukon: I have a 2007 Yukon and the service suspension system

I have a 2007 Yukon and the service suspension system light comes on sometimes. I took it to a service department and was told it would cost $664.94, that the air compressor for the suspension system has gone out. I asked if it was necessary, and was told it would affect the ride. I am planning to buy a newer vehicle in the near future, should I have it replaced? What happens if I don't?
Category: GMC
Expert:  Pete replied 4 years ago.
Hello,I will be glad to try and assist you with this,Welcome to Just Answer.

If this isnt repaired eventually the air will slowly leak out of the air shocks and the vehicle will lower and riude rough or even bouncy and this will also cause premature failure of the air shcks to where they can become damaged and need replaced as well which will cost quite a bit more to fix.

If you plan on buying a new vehicle really soon then you might be able to trade it in this way but anywhere you trade it into will cut the trade in price down due to the suspenison problem.

If you dont plan on buying anything real soon I would have this repaired to prevent future more expensive problems.

Let me know if you need anything else,click accept if you feel satisfied with your answer as this is how I get credited for my time,Thanks Pete!