Pete, GMC Mechanic
Experience:  GM training and dealer tech for 14+ years. Diagnostics
14928985

gmc Yukon XL 1500 Denali I am trying to replace the gas pedal

Customer Question

I am trying to replace the gas pedal but cannot remove the adjustable cable. please help.
Category: GMC
Expert:  Pete replied 2 years ago.
Hello,I will be glad to try and assist you with this,Welcome to Just Answer.

Hi.

Here is the procedure on how to remove this gas pedal and the cable from the gas pedal:

1. Disconnect the adjustable pedals motor electrical connector.
IMPORTANT: Ensure that the brake pedal assembly is adjusted to its lowest position farthest from the drivers seat prior to removal of the
accelerator assembly. Failure to do so could result in incorrect step-over height between the brake and accelerator pedals and improper function of the
adjustable pedal system.
2. Remove the locking clip and disconnect the accelerator sensor connector.
3. Remove the adjustable pedals cable from the accelerator pedal assembly using the following procedure:
3.1. Twist the cable housing counterclockwise.
3.2. Using needle nose pliers or an equivalent, compress the secondary locking tabs located below the twist and lock tabs and remove the cable
from the accelerator assembly.
4. Remove the accelerator mounting nuts from the accelerator bracket.
5. Remove the accelerator assembly from the vehicle.

INSTALLATION PROCEDURE

1. Install the accelerator assembly to the vehicle.
2. Install the accelerator mounting nuts to the accelerator bracket.
Tighten the nuts to 9 N.m (80 lb in).
3. Install adjuster drive cable into accelerator assembly.
4. Twist the cable housing and confirm the cable is secure.
5. Connect the accelerator sensor connector and install the locking clip.
6. Connect the adjustable pedals motor electrical connector.
7. Verify the operation of the adjustable pedals.
8. Confirm that the accelerator sensor connector locking clip is installed properly.
9. Verify the operation of the accelerator pedal.

Let me know if you need anything else,click accept if you feel satisfied with your answer as this is how I get credited for my time,Thanks Pete!
Pete, GMC Mechanic
Experience: GM training and dealer tech for 14+ years. Diagnostics
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
is there a way to level the 2 pedals the break and gas? the new pedal is not lowest nor highest position? the new gas pedal I got is OEM part. is it going to be at the lowest by default?
Expert:  Pete replied 2 years ago.
Does your vehicle have the adjustable pedals?

The gas pedal should be lowest by default when it is installed,some of these vehicles had adjustable pedals to raise and lower them,if yours does then there should be a button on the bottom of the steering column behind the steering wheel or on the dash assembly that will raise and lower these pedals.

Thanks Pete!