GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), GMC Mechanic
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.
10949255

2007 hhr had timing chain etc replaced a year ago. It is now

Customer Question

2007 hhr had timing chain etc replaced a year ago. It is now noisier than before the replacement. It appears that the tensioner was not replaced. Tensioner looks like the newer part. It was rusty right after the service was performed at a Chevrolet dealership. I requested that the timing chain & associated parts along with the balance shaft parts and the water pump all be replaced. The associated
Service order ticket did not provide a parts list. I use this vehicle for extended travel. I had the service performed to extend the life of the vehicle also as a daily driver. Vehicle mileage when the service was done was just over 100k. Current mileage 120k. What if any further action would be suggested?
Submitted: 11 days ago.
Category: GM
Expert:  john -aka eauto replied 11 days ago.

they are required by most states to itemize parts that were replaced do you have a list of partnumbers? is the noise coming from the timing cover? any timing codes?