Gary
Gary, GMC Technician
Experience:  15 years gm master tech/15 years ASE master tech
19513769

I have a 2006 Chevy Silverado HD 6.0 liter with about a

I have a 2006 Chevy Silverado HD 6.0 liter with about a hundred and seventy thousand miles. my oil pressure was considerable low.I went ahead and change the oil pump.I was told to go back with a high-volume pump. now at normal temperature it idles about 50 psi but when the truck is driven and accelerated rapidly oil pressure is hitting 80 psi.is this going to be okay or should I be concerned.

Welcome! My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you with this problem.

80 is fine no need to be concerned at all

if it goes over 100 then you need to be worried

with it hitting 80 under hard acceleration the engine will be fine

please dont forget to rate me here at Justanswer

you can always get me back for FREE for any follow up any time with this question even after you rate me here at Justanswer

if you have any questions please ask as i do not get credit for my work until you rate me here at Justanswer

how are you making out ?