GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), GMC Mechanic
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.
10949255

2003 hummer h2. Replaced battery and now i have numerous

Customer Question

2003 hummer h2. Replaced battery and now i have numerous intermittant electrical issues - DIC constantly switching from 'unknown driver' to 'driver 1'. As well, ABS,Brake,Batt volt, and warnings(4wd,ect), door locks, horn honking,radio goes off and on...all goin nuts.
I have check fuses, replaced ignition switch, checked panel cluster connections. I have noticed that the battery does drain overnight but cant locate a short. I did find that regardless of the key being in or out of the vehicle, the ignition 10 am fuses are still hot?
Submitted: 17 days ago.
Category: GM
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 17 days ago.

Hello, my name is***** you tell me if any of these were present prior to replacing the battery?

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
No. Nothing prior to replacing battery. I forgot to mention that the alternator was replaced as well at the same time. As soon as I installed the battery and turned the key...it started then. I also performed the reset for passlock(30 min) and the turn locks off/on method.
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 17 days ago.

Thank you. Is it possible that the battery cables were installed backwards at any point?

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Its highly unlikely.
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Tbc ign1 fuse is hot when ignition is off. Could there be a short somewhere causing this?
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Hello? Anyone home? Are you on holidays?
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
This service is terrible!
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 8 days ago.

I am sorry for the delay in getting back with you. I was unavailable and just received your reply. Would you still like help with this?