Peter Bagley
Peter Bagley, Toyota mastertech
Experience:  master tech at Toyota dealer
24571351

I have a 2004 Chevy Tahoe and the back passenger window has

Customer Question

I have a 2004 Chevy Tahoe and the back passenger window has a relay issue or a short of some kind because the window rolls down constatnly and even after it is down i can hear the click-click-click like someone is pushing the rear button but nobody is in my backseat. This has been going on for three weeks
JA: How many miles are on the car? Has the car been starting normally?
Customer: 146,000 miles and it starts normal and everything else works great
JA: Are you fixing your Tahoe yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I havent tried anything so far other than continuously rolling the darn window back up but it is very distracting
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: I'm leaving for an*****trip today and it is supposed to snow heavily so I think if I can just disable the window for now it would be a lifesaver and I'll worry about a permanent fix when I get home. I just need the window to stop opening! Thanks
Category: GM
Expert:  Peter Bagley replied 4 months ago.

Hello and welcome to just answer, my name is ***** ***** master tech here to help. I read your question and have a question for you before we start. Can you remove the door panel as each window does not have a separate relay or fuse so you need to disconnect the wiring to that motor. The other option is to pull the window relay , but then all you windows will not work. One other option to try is if you can get it up push the window lock button that disables all windows except the driver's window and see if that works for now. I fthat don't work most likely the master switch is faulty and you will have to disconnect that window motor for now.