Gary
Gary, GMC Technician
Experience:  15 years gm master tech/15 years ASE master tech
19513769

Looking for price quotes on front differential chevy tahoe

Customer Question

Looking for price quotes on front differential chevy tahoe 2012
JA: Are you fixing your Tahoe yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: was quoted at 2900 for a refurbished one
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: I am not fixing it myself
Submitted: 14 days ago.
Category: GM
Expert:  Gary replied 14 days ago.

Welcome! My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you with this problem.

Expert:  Gary replied 14 days ago.

and that quote for 2900 was the rebuilt front diff and the labor to change it out for you ?

Expert:  Gary replied 14 days ago.

was the dealer or another shop changing it out for you ?

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
the labor and and the differential was for the full price of 2900. The dealer wasnt the quoter it was the mechanic that Ive gone to for years
Expert:  Gary replied 14 days ago.

the labor is 2 to 3 hours book time

X's the shops labor rate

as for the front diff itself you have choices of new or rebuilt or used

the new ones will cost you over 3200 to 3500 if you can find one and the rebuilt ones are 2000 to 2400 range most of my customers will put in a used front diff from a salvage yard which you can pick one up for 500 to 1000 range the lower mileage vehicles would be the higher of that cost and higher mileage on the lower end of that quote

then the labor to install it

most come with very good warranty's and is the best bang for your buck to save a lit of money and get a good part

dont forget to rate us here

you can always get me back for FREE for any follow up any time with this question even after you rate me here at Justanswer

if you have any questions please ask as i do not get credit for my work until you rate me here at Justanswer

Expert:  Gary replied 11 days ago.

how are you making out ?

dont forget to rate us here

Expert:  Gary replied 10 days ago.

dont forget to rate us here