kalamykid
kalamykid, Shop Owner/ Tech
Experience:  I HAVE OWNED MY OWN SHOP FOR OVER THREE YEARS. I HAVE THE TOOLS AND SOFTWARE TO ANSWERE ALMOST ANY Q
5629372

How do you remove the engine oil cooler lines on a 2006

Customer Question

how do you remove the engine oil cooler lines on a 2006 Hummer H2?
Category: GM
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
the lines are disconnected at both ends and trying to remove from the vechile.
Expert:  kalamykid replied 7 months ago.

If you look at the fittings there will be a small round plastic cover on the line side of the fitting. Slide the plastic piece off of the fitting and there will be an E clip. Use a pick to lift one side of the E clip and rotate it off of the fitting. Then the line will come out of the radiator or the oil filter houseing so you can replace the lines. When you put it back together use a new E clip on the fittings.

There may be a bracket the lines are clamped to, but that should not be a problem to unbolt the lines from. If you need a diagram or two for the E clip or the lines please let me know.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
The lines are free from the truck, trying to get the lines pulled out of the truck and they seem to be hitting the motor mount. Does the mount have to be losses?

You should not have to lift the engine, you do have to rotate the lines so the bends will come out around the mounts. Take your time and do not get forceful with them. Are you trying to get them to come out the back or out towards the radiator?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I'm trying both directions and they seem to get hung up at the bends that connect to the oil filter. What is the best direction to try pulling the lines out?

It is best to go from the engine towards the radiator.