Chris (aka- Moose), GMC Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

I have a 2007 saturn im having problem with thecar as when i

Customer Question

I have a 2007 saturn im having problem with thecar as when i drive it loses power n drives real slow n the transmission cap isnt staying closed andleaks all the trani oil. What would of started that problem
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: GM
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 1 month ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose), my normal schedule online is around lunch and after dinner past midnight.

Any warning lights on?

Are you losing engine or transaxle power?

When you say trans cap are you referring to the dipstick?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Also when im driving its starts to pull back and when the transmission cap get lose. And yes the dip stick and the check engine light buts thats been on since we bought it
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I think its transaxle power

Any way you can get it scanned to see which codes are stored?

When it drives slow is the engine unable to rev up or is ot reving high but speed is not increasing?

Does this only occur once the trans gets hot?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
when it gets hot and it rev high but no speed is there a place i can buy a trani dip stick dose it that even have to do part of it

What model Saturn is this?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
2007 saturn aura GM

Thanks,

Losing trans oil from the dipstick tube means the tube is damaged or not fully seated. If those are fine then it is being blown out from the trans overheating or the vent restricted. So the next step is a scan tool to monitor the trans oil temp to see if its getting significantly higher than engine coolant temp. This would mean the hydraulic cooling circuit is faulty, the converter clutch is slipping, the trans has a clutch or band slipping internally. At the same time the temp is monitored you need to see which codes are stored. Since you stated it revs up high but does not increase speed, that falls in line with a clutch slipping and overheating.

.

Prior to completing the mandatory rating at the top of your screen. Let me know if I have not yet provided you with ~5 STAR EXCELLENT~service. Reply and let me know in more detail what you need to be pleased with my help.

Thanks Chris

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
That explians alot then just going by what ppl say
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
where can i buy the cap for t he transmission

This is a dealer only part. It needs to come from a dealer or online dealer store.

Hello again Chris here,

• Sorry you were not pleased with my help.
  • What would you like to do regarding your question now.
  • This post is coming up on the 7 day mark where it times out. When a post times out, that means it's no longer on my active list (you reply and I may never know it.)

Thanks Chris